What is Mazda i-Activsense®?
The Mazda i-Activsense® system is a driver-assistance system unlike the rest. This system uses radars, cameras, and collision mitigation features in order to increase driver awareness and lower the chance of an accident. Check out the available i-Activsense® features you can use in your next new Mazda model with us at Findlay Mazda.
What are the i-Activsense® Safety Features?
- Smart City Brake Support:This high-end technology will apply the brakes while you’re driving through the city at low speeds in the event of a possible head-on collision.
- Acceleration Control for AT: Mazda models that are built with an automatic transmission, Acceleration Control will send warning signals to the driver if the accelerator is pressed while there is an obstruction in front of the vehicle.
- Adaptive Front-Lighting System (AFS): It can sometimes be a hassle navigating in the dark, but with AFS, drivers can actually turn their headlights so the light bends around the corner and illuminates what’s coming around the curve ahead.
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC): MRCC is an advanced cruise control feature that uses sonar to detect the distance between your car and the vehicle in front of you. Then, the system automatically accelerates and brakes to maintain a safe amount of buffer space between you. This system also includes the Distance Recognition Support System (DRSS), which allows drivers to know the specific distance between their car and the one in front of them.
- Rear Vehicle Monitoring System (RVM): The RVM system also utilizes radar to monitor the distance of a vehicle approaching from behind. Las Vegas and Boulder City drivers receive an audible and visual warning when the system detects an oncoming vehicle in a neighboring lane while your turn signal is on.
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS): This system is similar to the Mazda lane keep assist features. It utilizes an advanced camera system that uses the lane markers to recognize when your vehicle is drifting out of its lane. It sends you a warning to help avoid a dangerous situation. Of course, if the vehicle’s turn signal is turned on when the lane departure occurs, then the LDWS warning does not engage.
- High-Beam Control (HBC): The HBC system uses an advanced camera system that recognizes when an oncoming vehicle enters your general vicinity and then it automatically switches between high and low beams.
- Forward Obstruction Warning (FOW): FOW recognizes when there is a vehicle or obstruction directly in front of your car. If this system senses that the distance between the front of your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you is decreasing, it automatically sends a visual and audible alert that warns you to brake immediately.
Explore Mazda i-Activsense® Safety Features at Findlay Mazda
Interested in learning more about Mazda technology such as Mazda i-Activsense that can make your every Henderson adventure a little more convenient? Our team can help. In the meantime, once you decide on the Mazda model that’s right for you, browse our available new vehicle specials to save more! Have questions? Contact our team!
More from Findlay Mazda
When the time comes for a new crossover or SUV, choose the 2020 Mazda CX-30. This model offers four trim levels at an affordable price so you can find the Mazda CX-30 priced to fit your budget while still getting the advanced features and more you want in your next Mazda SUV. So, how much…
The Mazda i-Activsense® system is a driver-assistance system unlike the rest. This system uses radars, cameras, and collision mitigation features in order to increase driver awareness and lower the chance of an accident. Check out the available i-Activsense® features you can use in your next new Mazda model with us at Findlay Mazda. View InventoryLearn More…
Henderson drivers are finding themselves drawn to the legendary Mazda6 due to its innovative technology, design, styling. Whether you’re commuting for work in Henderson or dining out in Las Vegas, the Mazda6 will take you there in comfort and style. In the following guide from the expert team at Findlay Mazda, we’ll review the 2020 Mazda6…